Saturday, October 27, 2012

Vijay TV's Airtel Super Singer 2012 - Cuteness won against Talent

Sukanya is my choice of winner
for the Airtel Super Singer 2012
Here is my take on Vijay TV's Airtel Super Singer 2012 results -  UNFAIR.Unfair because it finally became Cuteness Vs Talent and the former won.

I have been watching this program regularly and if I ever sit before TV, it is to watch this.

Regarding the Contest Results:

  • According to me, first place should go to Sukanya, 2nd place to Yazhini and 3rd place to Pragadhi
  • Aajeeth too deserves a place - but his was voice is yet to develop for a contest singing.  He is certainly good singer for his age. 
  • Gautham is good but he should not be disappointed given his wrong choice of songs and lack of some confidence.  
  • Sukanya reminds me of previous year's singer Alka Ajith;  her choice of songs and demonstration of talent deserves her a place in Tamil Music. She said she comes from a remote village. I am sure some one like her coming this far will never be stopped by a contest result. 
  • Online voting and SMS voting concept is absurd and 'any one can vote any number of votes' is hampering the talent.

Regarding selections for Finals:

  • There were some good kids like Anu who deserved a place in the final. I was amazed at her husky voice.
  • Its a incompatible combination of junior and senior kids; carnatic and non-carnatic.
  • If the selection intent is 'chella kural' (young sweet voice), Anu, Yazhini and Aajeeth can be in the finals. There were few more kids whose name I dont remember handy. 

What this program mean to me?
  • Just wonderful!  Such grand programmes are really great and gives a new experience to the budding singers. 
  • While some may think that the participation could impact their studies, I feel education need not always be the mainstream - it could be other way round.  Music first, studies next.
  • It is really good, this program continues year on year.
  • Regarding the prizes, I agree the prizes should be grand - but not sure if  3 BHK house is suitable. 
  • The kids get a stardom and will be on stages in the coming days.
  • The presence of AR Rahman gave a God like presence, especially when he entered. I wished he could have spoken little more. 
  • Regarding the judges, I would say Chitra always gave sincere and serious comment.  Other judges like Shubha and Mano are bubbly and friendly - I think given that its a kid programme, they also should be around.
  • Was there something wrong with Audio in the Finals?  I do not know -  for Aajeeth, I could hear the special effects for his high pitch singing for the first song.  For Suganya, 'minsara poove' was affected by lack of music synchronization. Gautam's esteem had something to do because of poor orchestra, I guess. 
  • The comperes Bhavana and Anand did a good job.  Bhavana's lipstick and Anand's 'mokkai' is too much :-).   It will be a good idea to have singers as comperes like we had Chinmayi in the past.
  • The episodes were going on and on, sometimes gave a feel 'when this would end'. Even the finals was close to midnight that I went to bed after Sudha Ragunathan's performance. 
  • By the way, what was "Airtel" doing here?  Did I hear their name in the sponsors?  
  • I felt good for the parents who come from middle class background.
The money, fame and grandness will motivate the schools and parents to put their children into this program. Parents should NOT encourage to participate in such contests and make them fail unless they are serious its only for the experience and NOT for the winning.


No comments:

Post a Comment